Friday, May 1, 2009

Departure

I originally intended this blog to be about drug war related news and all of that shit, but I don't really feel excited about posting that kind of stuff anymore so I'm just gonna go with the regular posting about my life framework. The headline will be changed to reflect this.

So let's see what I have today. Today I learned for the first time that college is straight up bullshit and that I have somehow up until this point been fooled into believing that I had to work extra hard to maintain good grades. The last few years I've been killing myself, putting so much unnecessary pressure on getting reading/writing done so that I could get that A. I also had what you could easily call an extremely dull social life. I smoked weed with people, drank if I had nothing to do over the weekend, and that pretty much summed up my life. Don't get me wrong, I had a pretty decent time for a while. It felt good to be able to go to the library all day and then blaze with friends at around 8. Still, I kept shoving aside opportunities to hang out with different people simply because I thought I couldn't balance school and straight kicking it. What's worse is that I would never call anyone up because I could always find some form of school work to be done, and then I'd blaze right after. Thus, there would be no reason for me to hit anyone up. I would say that my life is a little better now; I'm down to drink more often, way more down to kick it with people on random occasions. And I thought that this would fuck up my schoolwork, which was a legitimate concern seeing as I went into my midterm today with 200 pages unread. Still, I rolled in, wiped my ass with the test and came out feeling just as confident as I did in previous quarters. So today I learned that I was living a boring life for no reason at all. Pretty much sucks.

Another thing I want to do with this blog is document my social encounters, primarily because I am terrible at them and other people might identify with me here. Today I saw a girl waiting for the bus that I have kicked it with once before, but I chose to pretend like I didn't see her. Nothing too big, but i felt like a huge douche and I probably am a huge douche. Usually after an event like this i feel bad enough to not let it happen again, but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment